A Vacancy exist for:
SENIOR MANAGER: PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
All Inclusive Salary package (R): R 1 162 200 – R 1 365 411 Per Annum
Benefits: The successful candidate may structure the total package for a 13th cheque. Housing, medical aid, and pension allowance are included in the total package.
Contract Type: Permanent
Objective: The South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) is a statutory public entity that operates under the NQF Act, No. 67 of 2008. SAQA seeks to appoint a Senior Manager: People Management. The successful candidate will provide strategic and operational leadership to enable an engaged and competent SAQA workforce by managing the total employee lifecycle from attraction to exit, and provide strategic direction, leadership and advice in the management of Human Resources within the South African legal framework. This position reports to the CEO. (Applicants are required to attach their CV and Application Letter).
• The most eligible candidate must hold a relevant recognised qualification at NQF Level 7 on the 10 Level NQF (or Level 6 on the 8 Level NQF) or equivalent.
• A minimum of three years’ experience in a senior management HR position or 10 years in middle management is a requirement.
• A postgraduate qualification at NQF Level 8 on the 10 Level NQF, coupled with extensive years of human resource management experience and specialist knowledge in labour law, organisational design, and learning and development will be an advantage.
• Registration with a human resource professional body registered by SAQA is an advantage.
• The incumbent must have in-depth knowledge of all applicable legislation relating to human resources and good computer skills (Microsoft packages, Sage VIP 300).
• Characteristics of a transformational leader with strong managerial skills, a clear vision and focused action would position the candidate favourably.
• Develop and implement a people management strategy and policy.
• Development and implementation of a learning organisation strategy and roadmap.
• Improve and implement the learning and development strategy to ensure SAQA is a learning organisation.
• Develop a comprehensive employee value proposition strategy for SAQA.
• Ensure a reliable HR Information System (HRIS) to inform SAQA’s business strategy.
• Lead SAQA’s talent management and organisational design and development, to ensure that it effectively delivers on SAQA’s mandate.
• Provide employment relations support and manage labour relations with stakeholders.
• Manage the People Management Business Unit.
Closing On: 2023-11-30
SAQA will verify credit and criminal records as well as qualifications.
SAQA reserves the right not to make an appointment to the advertised post and will only communicate with short listed candidates.