A Vacancy exist for:
SENIOR MANAGER: INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
All Inclusive Salary package (R): R1 162 200 – R1 365 411 Per Annum
Benefits: The successful candidate may structure the total package for a 13 th cheque. Housing, medical aid, and pension allowance are included in the total package.
Contract Type: Permanent
Objective: The South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) is a statutory public entity that operates under the NQF Act 67 of 2008. SAQA seeks to appoint a Senior Manager: Information and Communication Technology (ICT) who will be focused on the leadership of the ICT function and be accountable for implementing the SAQA ICT Strategy and ICT governance. The role requires oversight of the delivery of software implementations and a business transformation project within SAQA aimed at affecting changes to business and IT processes within the agreed scope, time, cost, and quality resulting in the realisation of the intended benefits of the affected areas of business in SAQA. Furthermore, leadership in planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining effective Information Technology systems, including ensuring the security of data, network access and backup systems that support the strategy and operational information needs of the organisation, is crucial. (Applicants are required to attach their CV and Application Letter). A SAQA evaluation certificate will be required for all foreign qualifications.
• The most eligible candidate must hold an appropriate recognised bachelor's degree (NQF level 7) or equivalent in Information Technology Systems, Commerce or Computer Science.
• This must be coupled with a minimum of 5 years of senior management experience in managing information technology functions, including application and development support, information systems, databases and IT project management.
• An added advantage is a relevant NQF Level 9 qualification (in IT or Business) or equivalent and experience in leading an automation project.
• The incumbent must have a good knowledge of IT governance and IT Service Management, Enterprise and Technology Architecture, Business Continuity and database principles.
• Knowledge of SAQA NQF or other education and training management information systems will be an added advantage.
• The successful candidate must provide operational leadership in planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining effective ICT systems, including ensuring the security of data, network access, and backup systems that support the strategy and operational information needs of SAQA in a digitally transformed environment.
• Characteristics of a transformational leader with strong managerial skills, a clear vision, and focused action would position the candidate favourably.
• Assist the business to identify business needs, scope the needs and engage an appropriate service provider to deliver the required product or service.
• Effectively monitor, track, and control the performance of the project against the agreed baseline (time, cost, and quality) throughout the project cycle.
• Communicate and obtain stakeholder buy-in to IT projects and initiatives.
• Effectively manage all aspects of a project, including vendor management.
• Develop an ICT Governance, Risk, and Compliance Management Framework.
• Develop, implement, and manage the Customer Feedback Index on a tactical level.
• Drive the digitisation and automation of SAQA processes.
• Ensure the security of data, network access, and backup systems.
• Promote and align SAQA’s goals and ICT programmes and priorities to an enterprise architecture strategy and ICT strategy.
• Manage the ICT budget and ensure value is realised from ICT investments.
• Assist in procurement processes for IT products by writing the terms of reference for all IT purchases for Supply Chain unit.
• Prepare, maintain and test an appropriate IT continuity plan.
• Continuously evaluate emerging technologies to maximise performance, security & efficiency and propose the implementation of such technologies where applicable.
Closing On: 2023-12-06
SAQA will verify credit and criminal records as well as qualifications.
SAQA reserves the right not to make an appointment to the advertised post and will only communicate with short listed candidates.