A Vacancy exist for:
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: FINANCE AND ADMINSTRATION
All Inclusive Salary package (R): R541 972 Per Annum
Benefits: The successful candidate will qualify for a 13th cheque, housing, medical aid and pension allowance in the above total salary package.
Contract Type: Permanent
Objective: A vacancy exists within the Directorate: Finance and Administration for a person who will support the Director of Finance and Administration to ensure that SAQAs payroll function is accurately administered for employees and third parties. Also to ensure that the financial accounting function is accurately administered
The most eligible candidate must have a NQF level 6 qualification or the equivalent in the field of finance.
Also required is a relevant payroll related diploma/certificate preferable in Sage 300 People.
A finance related qualification at NQF level 7 will be an advantage.
A further advantage will be a finance qualification at NQF level 8 and completed articles.
Also required is five years payroll administration experience, specifically in Sage 300 People.
At least 3 years accounting experience with a sound knowledge of income tax legislation.
Knowledge of accounting concepts and principles, Spreadsheets, regulatory authority requirements, financial administration, which includes all ACCPAC modules to general ledger, cashbook, effective internal controls, communication skills, technology and computer skills, calculation and supervisory skills are further prerequisites
Knowledge of the SA education and training system and legislation will be an added advantage.
The main duties of this position are to:
Administer the SAQA payroll
- Calculate statutory deductions/payments and process for payment in terms of policy and legislation
- Ensure efficient reconciliation and reporting timeously
- Prepare the payroll that will include the processing of 13th cheque and bonus schedules, advances, travel claims etc.
- Process the restructured benefit selections of employees, due to ad hoc salary increases, promotions, changes in medical aid, etc
Ensure that SAQA complies with the requirements and recommendations of statutory bodies, including:
- The Public Finance Management Act
- The Treasury Regulations issued in terms of the above Act
- Any other body issuing recommendations, which will assist SAQA in regard to payroll issues
Perform mid- year and year-end requirements and reconciliations including
- Salary increases
- Preparing the annual tax reconciliation and return form (IRP501) as required
Perform financial accounting functions, including
- Correctly calculating and allocating the income to be recognised from deferred income and correctly process refunds paid to clients
Closing On: 2019-02-15
SAQA will verify credit and criminal records as well as qualifications.
SAQA reserves the right not to make an appointment to the advertised post and will only communicate with short listed candidates.