A Vacancy exist for:
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: PROGRAMMING
All Inclusive Salary package (R): R 541 971.84 Per Annum
Benefits: The successful candidate will qualify for a 13th cheque, housing, medical aid and pension allowance in the total package.
Contract Type: Permanent
Objective: A vacancy exists within the Directorate Information Technology for a person who will determine directorate application needs and then design or tailor applications to meet those needs. Furthermore to perform such other related duties as may be required by the Director: Information Technology from time to time: to plan, develop or acquire, implement and maintain, monitor, support and upgrade information technology applications. Administer multi-platform ICT environment (MS Windows, LINUX).
The most eligible candidate should have an appropriate recognised NQF Level 6 qualification or equivalent in the IT field .
At least three years' experience in programming in Java and any one of the following languages: PHP, C# or VB.Net, HTML5 and CSS3 is a prerequisite.
Communication, problem solving, administration, decision making, analytical, presentations and programming must be the strengths of those aspiring for appointment.
Exposure to a wide range of technologies, including servers, Windows operating systems, LAN, WAN as well as experience in database systems such as Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL databases will be an added advantage.
Plan, develop, implement and maintain applications
- Plan, organise, develop and maintain desktop and web applications in a Linux and/or Microsoft Windows environment
Implement, monitor and upgrade multi-platform Information Technology software systems
- Provide/install system(s) as and when required by users in terms of policy and procedures
- Provide software and hardware upgrades according to organisation needs
Manage service level agreements with external service providers
- Ensure that external vendors/service providers execute the required services and adhere to the agreed specifications and SLA's
- Report deviations to service level agreement for corrective action to be taken
Provide user support
- Provide ad hoc user support and training to enhance correct and optimal utilisation of system(s)
- Ensure consistent adherence to SAQA IT and network security policy by users
Closing On: 2019-01-28
SAQA will verify credit and criminal records as well as qualifications.
SAQA reserves the right not to make an appointment to the advertised post and will only communicate with short listed candidates.